Hello there mother of mine and my beloved family. Well all is going great on the mission. We had such a great experience this last week. We had the chance to see a young couple get married and baptized on Saturday and then receive the gift of the holy ghost on Sunday. Also there little baby was blessed. It was such a great weekend. We have been working so hard with this young couple and it was great to see them finally get baptized. There whole story is so amazing. They passed through so much to make it to this point. I love this work so much. There is nothing better. This week as well we will be having a baptism of a young man. It should be great. I am so happy on my mission. I really am learning so much and trying my hardest to grow every single day. I cannot believe that my mission is almost over. I only have 7 more months left. The mission goes by so much faster than I would like it to. At the same time though I am so happy to be able to get on with my life and help the Lord in other things. Sorry that this letter will be short. I have to get going. Just know that all is well. It has been so great to be able to take care of two wards and stakes and to really learn some patience.
I agree with you that the scriptures are so important. Today I read a talk by Elder Holland titled something like this "safety for your (our) soul". It is about the Book of Mormon. It is so great. All that he said was so true. The book of Mormon is our key and our guide to eternal life. It is the iron rod and if we stop to read the book of Mormon (let go of the iron rod) we will get lost and caught up in sin and the fog. That is why we need to always be reading the Book of Mormon and doing the little things. Lots of times actually all of the time it is the small things that make someone get lost and eventually perish. Satan will not try to attack with something huge but work on you with the small things. That is why we cannot let Satan get into our lives and tell us that we do not have to do the little things. The little things are so important. Without the little things we will get lost into the world and lose grasp of the Iron Rod. I love this gospel so much. I love the Book Of Mormon. It really is a guide in my life.
The closer we get to God the easier our life will be. For the closer we get to Christ the more we will feel his love for us. I love this Gospel so much. I love my mission. I know that God loves me and is always with me when I do what is right. Christ´s sacrifice for us is one of the things that I like to study the most. It is so amazing to me how much he was willing to suffer for us. Thanks to Jesus Christ I have the chance to perfect myself and live with my father in Heaven again. I know without any doubt that this is the true church of Christ. I know that God loves us all. There is no doubt in my mind that we all need to do better every day to become like Christ. I know that as we do the little things we will become perfected in Christ and feel his love more often. I love you all so much. Thank you so much for your example. You are all so great to me. Because of you all I am on my mission. Especially you mom. I love you so much and am so grateful for your great example for me. Stay strong and always do what God would have you do and as you do such God will be on your side to bless you always. How blessed we all are to have this gospel in our life’s. There are so many people that need to have this gospel in their lives. I feel so blessed to have it in my life. Love you all. Until next time. Sorry that this e-mail is so short and random. I have been trying to write really quick and plus it is really loud and I cannot concentrate on what I am doing. Everyone is yelling in this Lan House. Love you.
Elder Daniel Parkinson
Happy Easter 2012!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment