Daniel really appreciates everyone's letters and emails. We have had trouble getting a file of email and postal addresses to him, so he has had a hard time replying to everyone. I did post his "official" church email address here on the blog, so feel free to email him. Realize he only gets to check this official email site once per week on p-days. So, letters are nice cause they come at any time. But, if you could provide your email address to him, it is much easier and cheaper for him to reply via email.
In the CTM, the Elders get a chance to exercise and play basketball. One of the Elders he has been playing with is Elder Devin Peterson. Took a while to recognize it, but Devin and Daniel are related (distant cousins), so that was a pleasant surprise for him. Devin is into sports too, so that worked out well for Daniel, but Elder Peterson has been there a few weeks longer and left the CTM this week. Kind of a neat coincidence!
Daniel expressed his love for everyone. He's particulary missing his Mom (and her cooking), his Grandmas, and his nieces and nephews. He's sad to miss Melissa's baptism next week but wants her to know he will be thinking about her. And, of course, he's missing sports -- I sent him another sports update this week! With regard to food, he's getting a little tired of beans and rice (and wants us to send him some Gas-x). He misses his Sunday dinners with Grandma Beverly.
He reports that the language is coming slowly but surely. His Brazilian roommates are helping him learn. He had to go buy some face wash, and of course the whole transaction was in Portuguese, so it was a little tough. But, it worked out.
He reports a typical schedule:
Wake up around 6:20 have breakfast at 7:00. Then, personal study from 7 to 7:30. Then, companion study from 7:30 to 8:30. Class with Irmão Soares from 8:30 to 11:45. Lunch is from 11:45 till 12:45. From 12:45 till 2:30 he has MDST (missionary directed study time). From 2:30 till 3:40, it's gym time. From 4:15 till 5:15 is dinner. Class with Irmão Barbosa from 5:15 till 9:15. Planning time is from 9:15 till 9:30. Then, he showers and writes in his journal from 9:30 till 10:30 and goes to bed.
I'll close today's entry with Daniel's testimony:
I love this gospel. I like to bear my testimony. I know this church is the true church. I know that I am doing what I am supposed to even though it has been the hardest thing ever. I know that the Book of Mormon testifies of Cristo in the Americas. And, I know that by reading it you become acquainted with Him. I know that when you pray, He will answer. I know that our Redeemer lives and that when we die we can live with Him again. This mission is great, and I cannot wait to get out of the CTM and teach the people!

No comments:
Post a Comment