This is the big week! Since Daniel's missionary training center (CTM) was in Brazil, he was pretty much in the "mission field" already, but he moved to this first area this week. Daniel said it is called Bastistini-São Bernado, but from what we can see, it might be spelled "Batistini" in São Bernado do Campo. This is a region just south of São Paulo proper. He had only gotten there 30 minutes prior to sending us this week's email.
He said it was kind out of in the "boonies" and a bit "ghetto" (to quote Daniel) - quite a ways from the city and in a forest. Before he left home, he was told his mission would be very much an urban one -- hardly ever see a tree. Well maybe not....
He had an interesting bus ride there with so many people on one bus. And, he reports, "the girls down here try to get close to you on purpose" -- he was thankful for his companion. His companion is a Brazilian who speaks no English. That should help with language immersion!
You can tell he will really miss the CTM - his old companion, his trainers, and his district. This last Sunday, he and another elder in his district sang a duet during their last fireside. But the work goes on!
He was eager to get going. In fact, he and his companion (trainer) were heading out to teach three discussions last night. And, they had a baptism scheduled for this coming Sunday! He was excited to see how the Lord had prepared the people in this place to receive the Gospel.
He closed by saying he knew the work "will be hard but I will work through it. I love this gospel so much. I know it is true or I would not be here. I can not wait to bring people to the gospel. I only hope the spirit will be with me."
Please note the address change! All snail mail should now be sent to his mission home. He will only get that mail about 3 times during a transfer, so email is still the better way to communicate. Daniel sends his love to all!!
Happy Easter 2012!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment