Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Elder Superman

This week was great! We had a ton of people cancel on us but that is ok. I was happy the whole week. It helps when your companion is great. We get along really well and joke around quite a bit. We have the same personality but the only difference is he is Brazilian. Even though we had a ton of people cancel on us this week (which was really hard), we worked through it and had a baptism too. It was great! A lady named Sueli. She is Japanese and knew nothing about Jesus Christ before we taught her. She absolutely loves Him as do I and I bet a lot of you as well.

We have a train station that looks exactly like the train station in the movie The Best Two Years. I love that! Every time I see our train station, I laugh because of what happens in the train station in the movie.

I fixed my pants last week. That was cool because I sewed them myself. They are not perfect but they work. The rain has been incredible! It doesn’t ever really stop but I kind of love it. I have gone through three umbrellas. I have really bad luck with them. The second one I bought, I opened it too fast. I guess I am still too strong.

I have really started to love the scriptures so much. I just never want to stop reading them. I will finish the Book of Mormon in 6 days - maybe sooner. So I read it in only 5 weeks that is how much I love them. There are so many sweet stories that if you apply them to your life, they help so much.

My nickname in this area in my ward is Superman or Clark. That’s because a lot of people think I look like Superman or Clark from Smallville. It’s cool that that followed me here. I am ok with looking like Superman. What a great name -- Elder Superman. I am kind of famous here -- I might not want to go back to the United States. I am like the only one that has blue eyes, so everyone stares at me. The eyes and the name plaque are the key. Only bad thing is there are a lot of girls that try to get close to you and flirt and things. Girls here are a lot more open which is not a good thing. But I will push through.

The work is progressing a ton. We have a lot of new investigators who really love our message. We gave a first lesson the other day, and they asked about baptism! The guy said to us, “So how do I become baptized in your church?” How great! I love this work! I love my companion, and I love the Lord. I love you all. I am just so full with love and gratitude lately. I have been blessed so much in my life, and I am so glad I can try to bless the lives of others. I know this is the true church with all my heart. I know I am here for a reason. Reading the scriptures is a key to success in your life. I know that Jesus suffered for us and really does know what we feel and has his arms ready to help. I know that with all my heart. The Church is true!. I testify to this in the name of Jesus Christ., Amen.

Elder Daniel J Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment