I will try to make this letter short and sweet but we will see. Transfers came and I am staying in the same area same house and with same companion. So you can send me some letters straight to my house. My dad and mom have the address. But you have to send quicker than later because if you wait too long I could be gone from here. Also I could really use some letters that would be great. I am pretty excited to stay here because I know that it is help me out learn patience and other things. My companion is great so that is good as well.
Feel free to fill me in on any sports! That would always be appreciated. I would also like some updated pictures of the family. Also Justin and Crystal, do you have pictures of the time we went to the temple grounds with Tashi and everyone I have some people that would like some of those pictures of the temple ground etc.
Also to start this great week I had diarrhea -- that was great fun. I had it for like 3 days. But I kept working through it that was great. My companion also got pink eye so we were both sick for a bit but that just made it more fun to teach. Good news is I did not get pink eye. We also had a presentation in our chapel this past Saturday that was really good. We had a choir sing and people talk about the Book of Mormon. We got new investigators because of it and helped bring less active back to church so it was a success. Also I got to participate with my companion. That was fun to talk Portuguese in the front of like 300 people. The cool thing is they will be making CDs of the music and I should get one for free sometime so that will be sweet to show you all. The language is coming along a lot better and better every day. The hardest thing is I just need more words and a little better with all the conjugations but I am talking without translating now and I am told that my Portuguese sounds more Brazilian than an American talking so that is good. We have a lot of good families that we are teaching a lot of good new investigators that we found. We have also settled into the area so I expect great things this next transfer we will change this area. Missionaries in this area have struggled with baptisms for a while but we will change that.
The only bad thing is that we have had clouds and fog and rain everyday for the past 2 weeks or more -- that sucks. Fog here is an everyday thing. So if you didn’t like fog you would hate it here. That is about all for this message. I just hope that you are all getting ready to send me some great packages and letters. Oh one thing don’t send packages to my house just letters. I love you all. I know this is the true church with all my heart. I love this gospel. I love the opportunity that I have to be here. It is changing my life and I just hope I am helping the people around me. I know that God loves us and will help us in all things we just have to talk with him and he will respond. I know that the Book of Mormon has power -- we just have to open it and read. I love you all so much! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment