Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Help from the Mission President

Well, this week has been great. I had the great chance to have an interview with our mission President. That went so well. You can really feel his love for you. Before that interview I was having some challenges but he really helped me out and I feel so great now.

Again I will say to help you all out who maybe have a doubt -- families are forever through the temple. I have no doubt in my mind about this. I know that God sent us here in families so that we can learn and grow and help each other. In the family is the place that all learning needs to begin. I have really seen this the past few days.

This last week started out slow with numbers. We weren’t teaching a lot of people and finding many people in the street. Everyone was gone I felt like and all of our appointments fell through. In the interview, our mission president helped us to find new ways to find new people and to teach better. We tried it Saturday and Sunday and I can really tell you he is an inspired man. We had great numbers Saturday and Sunday and finished the week great. We had one baptism. Her name is Jaine. She is so great. She is 11 years old and I see Ashley every time I look at her. I am so glad that I was here to help her join the church and come unto Christ. She is such a great example for her family. Now I think we have the chance to marry her father and mother. They accepted marriage and after great time for baptism I am so excited for that family.

Saturday we taught a family that we have taught for a long time. They already turned us down one time for baptism but our mission president said if we plan hard great things could happen. He also told us to focus on this family so we went to work. Planned a great lesson for this family about baptism we took about an hour and a half to plan. When we got there they had a lot of doubts and so our lesson changed so much. The incredible thing is that lesson was the best lesson I have ever had. My companion and I were talking but it was not like me to talk. Our whole lesson was completely different than the one we planned we didn’t use anything we chose to use before. I don’t know what happened. When I was talking I felt so comfortable it was not me talking. The best Portuguese I have ever had and my companion said that I was almost screaming I was talking so loud. I said things I never thought to say. I used Joseph Smith testimony about how he knew he saw a vision. Afterword I bore my testimony. When I was talking my whole body was warm and pulsing extremely fast. When we said amen to finish the lesson my normal Portuguese started again. I know that it was because of the preparation that we had that gave us the spirit. The Lord knew how much we prepared for that lesson and he talked through us.

On Sunday we talked again with the family. Again we planned like crazy. And again we didn’t use our lesson when we got there. And again the Lord talked through us. I spoke bold and powerful my companion spoke clear and to the point. The Lord really helped us. I know that when we do all that we can the Lord is just waiting to bless us. This time they didn’t turn down our baptism invite they accepted. I really hope they go through with it. Their family is amazing.

I know that this is the true church. Like Elder Holland the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Joseph Smith was the prophet who restored the church to the earth with the power of God. I know that we have all the knowledge and tools we need to live with God again. All we have to do is study and prayer to receive them. I love this gospel so much. I love you all. I really hope you all keep doing all the things you need to live with me and Megan and grandma and God again. I will try my hardest to live with God again and I hope you all will to. Just do all the little things. I love you all so much. I have to go -- just know that I pray for you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment