Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Follow the Prophets Words

This letter will be really really really short. I would just like to let you know that I am doing great. I recently received a letter from a friend back home which made me very happy. It is always good to get letters in the mail from friends and family. (hint hint). Just joking i understand that you all write me e-mails instead. In all seriousness the letter that I received was great. Also this last week has been great. I really enjoyed conference. I really hope that you all had the same chance that I did to watch all of the sessions. They were absolutely amazing. I feel as though the subjects that were taught were fantastic and could be put into the lives of every single one in our family. I have a lot of things that I learned and will try to start doing. I hope that we can all learn from the talks that we heard and try to make a goal to apply one of the topics into our lives more frequently. I will try to do this. I really love President Monson and could feel with even more strength that he is a prophet of God. I loved his talks. To tell the truth I love all of the talks. The week was filled also with a weird infection in my eye. It was pretty neat. NO worries all is well. I am fine. My new companion and I are doing well together. Also I feel as though this month we can have great success if we do our part and focus on the work of the Lord. I just hope and pray to have his spirit with me.

I have been learning so much lately and I am so grateful for that. I really have come to love the scripture 2 Nephi 28:30. I feel that it is a great scripture that can help us all. We really need to follow the Holy Ghost line upon line and precept upon precept. If we do that he will guide us every single day of our lives. Most of our revelations from God will come line upon line and so if we do not follow the first line we will not continue to receive more revelation. I love this gospel. I love my mission. Continue to pray for me please. I will always need the strength that comes from your prayers. I love you all. I really love you so much Mother. Thank you for everything that you have done for me and are doing for me. You are such a great example of the believers. Love you. Sorry that this letter is so short. Just know that all is well.
Elder Daniel J. Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment