Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mission...Quote

Mother it is great to see your testimony and to feel your sweet spirit. I really am so grateful for you and for the example you are to me and to my companions. I talk about you a lot with my comps and they too have been able to grow and love you for. One of my companions from a very long time ago once again will write you a letter. He called me the other day to get your address. Here in a little bit Krystal will get a letter at her house with your name on it. He was very excited to be able to write you and practice his English at the same time. He has never taken English classes but still speaks English pretty well. Mother I love you so much. Thank you for the updates on everything.
Sounds like your trip back east has been full of adventures and fun. I am glad to hear that you are able to read the Book of Mormon everyday and pray to him. I hope that even with your busy schedule you continue to do all these things. I bet it would be great to watch Rachel play soccer. If you really want to when I get back I will invite you to all the games that I play in no matter what sport it is. You will always be invited to come and watch me. You were always my biggest fan and for that I am grateful. I feel as though every one of us feels better and does better when we know we have someone in the stands cheering for us. I want you to always remember and the whole family to remember that we have plenty of fans in the stands (heaven) cheering for us. We need to realize that they are there so that we can do better. These fans are God, Christ, Megan, and Grandma, etc....
Oh Grandma. How I love her so much. I am very excited to give her a nice big hug. I hope that she is well and that she is being able to make it to church and read the Book of Mormon. If not I hope that someone could be there to read it with her. One day I really hope that she stops drinking coffee. I agree that we all need to at times let God help us find the puzzle pieces and do things in his time that way we can make the perfect puzzle and not just something. God will always be there to help us do things his way we just need to slow down and let him help us so that we can always do the things that he would have us do. We all need to at times slow down and do things little by little and step by step and just keep doing the little things until the great things are completed and revealed to us. (2 Nephi 28:30)
It really is great that we have so much technology to help us. All technology is here to help us and help the world learn about Christ while healthy and happy. The trick is to use the technology in the Lords way and not the world’s way.
I am so happy to know that the little girls remember me. That makes me so happy. I thought that by now they would have already forgotten about me. Also I do not know how Sara remembers that because she was so little but it makes me very happy to know she still remembers. I cannot wait to receive pictures of all the girls, and of the whole family.
Well the mission is going great. The Lord blessed us with a baptism this last weekend. His name is Carlos. He is really great and I am so grateful that the lord put him in our path. Also this Sunday we were blessed as two more people are being prepared to be baptized for this weekend. I really hope and pray that I can continue to be a worthy servant in the Lords hands. I really do not do much. I feel as though I try my hardest and with my hard work he does the other 99.9%. The work is good be God is good and the mission is great because God is great. I love the mission so much. I have been learning and growing so much .I just hope to keep learning and growing each day that passes. I still have a long way to go to really feel as though I have learned enough. I need a lot more help in just about everything. ha. I love you all so much. Thank you for all that you are doing. I am so grateful. I love you so much. The mission is great. I will be sad when it is over and when I need to leave this area but the Lord knows best and so I continue just following whatever he sends my way. I love you all. Until Next week. Love you.

Elder Daniel J. Parkinson

P.s. The quote of the day is this one. I made it the other day.
" Everything that happens in your life can be for your spiritual growth or destruction....You make the choice!"
-Elder Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment