Well this last week has been a really good week. It has been a little stressful but also really great. The Lord really blessed me and my companion. I really love the mission field and everything that I have been learning while here. I finally feel as though I have changed a little while on the mission. I finally feel as though I am not the same person I was when I left. I feel that it is a good thing that I have been able to change on the mission. But, I am still trying my hardest every single day to be able to not just change but to change into the person that God would have me be. To really turn into someone different and better than whom I was before, (I know you all are thinking..... How could Daniel Parkinson become even better or more beautiful? But I will have to say that it is true? I have changed and for the better). haha. But now I will get more serious. I really feel as though I have been changing. I am glad to see that. Well let me tell you a little bit about this week.
1. We were able to clean the house. That was really a victory. Now I can finally feel a little clean when I get into my house. The toilet instead of being black is not a nice white and the floor is now clean and well the bugs are gone from our house.
2. We went on a division with the Assistants. They really helped. One of them already passed in my area and so he was able to help me out a lot. He showed me the house of a few members which helped. I now feel really good in the area.
3. The new ward is great. They love to help and are really great people. They like to leave with the missionaries during the week and just love to teach the people. I am very excited.
4. The area is really nice. It is a great place to find people that are looking for the Gospel. The people here really seem open to at least accept us on the first visit.
5. The Lord really blessed us these last few days. We were able to help a few people. One family accepted to be baptized here in two weeks. I really hope they continue to go strong and stop drinking coffee. They are a great family and I think the Lord blessed us by putting them into our path. I still think Grandma should stop drinking coffee. ha. That was a hint. Also we were blessed to find a family on Saturday night. We taught them on the door step and invited them to go to church. They went to church the next day and then went to a family night last night. They are really great and I feel the Lord put them into our path. They are a great family.
6. Well me and my companion are completely different, and so it has been kind of rough but now we are doing good. We have talked about our differences and put plans to be able to work better together. We gave each other a blessing and I really feel as though now, even though we are different, we will find great success and friendship together.
Well there were so many other great things that happened but I really do not have time. You will all just have to wait to hear all the great stories when I get back home. I love you all. I love you so much mother. You are such a great example to me. I love you and look up to you. So many woman here in Brazil also look up to you because of how much I use you as an example. Also they all think you are beautiful, but we already knew that I mean I have to get my amazing looks from someone right? I know that this is the true church. I know that God is at the head. I know that God loves us so much. The Book of Mormon is true. Thank you again for everything. I love you mother. Thank you for everything that you do for me. I should get your package or letter this week. I will let you know next week. Until next week. Love you!
Elder Daniel J. Parkinson
Happy Easter 2012!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment