Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Great Week / BSU Lost

Well to start off I would just like to say GOOOOOOO NEEEEEEEEVVVVVAAAADDDDDAAAA!!!!! Everyone knew that it would finally come to an end for BSU and now it came. I will have to say that I am a little sad however. I think it would have been cool for BSU to play in the national Championship, but there are always more chances. All I know is that Oklahoma won. YEEEEAAAA!!!!! Well now onto things that or of a greater importance.
This last week was great. I think that any week that the Lord blesses you with a baptism is great, and this week He did just that. We were able to have a great baptism of Ailton. He is a great man and will really be able to help out the ward. I feel really blessed to be in this area. It really is a great area and really has a lot of potential for greatness. I am just trying my hardest to be able to help the area grow as much as I can.
Here are a few things that happened this week : ( This week was pretty normal)
1. On Friday I was able to make steak, corn and fried potatoes just like you make them. It was really a great site to see and a great taste. It had been a very long time since I was able to have some good American food like that.
2. I was able to go on a division with someone that I was with in the CTM. Good old Elder Steggell. He really is a great guy. He is from Rigby, Idaho. It was a really good division and we were able to have a lot of fun and success together. We studies about foreordination one morning and we found out a few great things. It was a great study and good division.
3. On Thursday we had a conference with President Richardson. It was great and I learned a lot. He really talked a lot about 100 percent obedience. I agree I am trying every single day to become better. It is not easy but I know that with the Lords help I will be able to get there.
4. Today I practiced singing with the other missionaries. I will be singing in a quartet. I think I already said that but if not surprise! We will be singing two songs. I was chosen to sing and to lead the group which I really do not know why. One of the songs I will be singing melody and the other one I will be singing baritone. I have never sung in parts in my life. I can sing melody really easy but baritone with be an interesting experience. We will be performing these two songs for all of the south part of São Paulo. I think it will be about 4 or 5 stakes in all. It should be interesting. haha.
5. We are being blessed with some great investigators right now. We have a few that are really great and some others that are a little bit tougher but great people. Today we will see how a few of them are doing. I am very excited for one of our appointments. It should be really interesting. He does not believe in the Resurrection and it is because of this that she has a hard time going to our church. She believes that we will all be reincarnated. I left a few scriptures for her and told her to pray about it. I am excited to see what she was revealed. I love the mission so much and for the chance that I have, while on my mission, to trust a little more in God. It is great.
6. I have been able to study the book of Mormon a little more lately. It has been good. I really love the Book of Mormon. I am trying to be able to finish the Book of Mormon before Christmas. Let us see what happens.
7. We bought a new shower head. That is great news because now we have hot water!!!!! Brazil is a little different. In the USA you have hot water and cold water. Here it is just cold water unless you have a good shower head that heats up the water for you before it comes down on your head and body. I really miss good hot water. ha.
That is all for now. I really love you so much mother. Thank you so much for your great example and for everything you do for me. I really do love you so much. As for Grandma you should ask her to do the same thing. She should ask God whether or not she should drink coffee. If she would do that then she will finally see why we do not drink coffee. Invite her to do this prayer and to ask God what she should do. I promise that she will receive an answer and that she will finally be able to stop drinking coffee with God’s help. If she asks God with an open heart she will feel him telling her what she should do.
I know that this is the true church here on the earth. I love the church and the gospel. It is really helping me so much. I love my savior and Redeemer I know that he really did die for me on the cross and that through his suffering and death I can be saved. I love him so much. We are so blessed to have so much technology that helps us to be able to be closer to God. We just need to choose whether we want to use the technology for good purposes or bad. I love my father in Heaven. He is so great to me. I love you all. I love my family so much. I love you mother. Thank you for everything that you do for me. Just continue to pray for me (especially about the song I will sing). I love you and thank you for all you all do for me. Until next week. I love you. Tchau Tchau!
Elder Daniel J. Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment