Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Great week but hard/Email me Sunday next week

Well I will have to be really fast this week. I am in the middle of a nice rain storm. haha. It is really great. The whole floods and mudslides however have been more in Rio DE Janeiro and not in my part of the mission. There have been however a few parts of my mission that have had a few floods but there is nothing really bad in my mission and not in my area. The only thing that is happening my area is that we have had a ton of rain and I have been very wet almost every single day. haha. That is normal though. They say that the more rain that falls on you during the mission the better looking your wife will be. I really hope that is true because I think I have had enough rain to receive one of the best looking girls in the world. haha. I do not think my wife will be able to get any better looking I have received so much rain. ha. Also the other reason why I will have to be fast is that the power has been out the whole day on the street that has the computers and so I have not been able to use the computer until right now.
Before I forget I will not be able to use the computer next Tuesday but instead will use the computer on Monday and so if you could write your e-mail a little earlier that would be great. Also advise who- ever else might write me to write me a little earlier.
Well I will for sure be praying for Grandma and the surgery. I believe that everything will go just right. The surgery that she is having done is supposed to be a very easy surgery. Yes I am very excited for the Super bowl and this time I will win and the coffee will go. At least that is what I hope. I really do want Grandma to stop drinking coffee so much.
Well this last week was a great week. It was not easy but it was great. I was able to do a division this week. It was a great division and while on the division I was able to stay in the same house as one of my old companions again ( Elder Arêas). That was really great. I love that man so much. We had lots of fun remembering the good times. He said that some day he will for sure be coming to the USA to visit me and his sister and you mother. He is a great young man. I really can say that I love him as my brother. We had a good time together in São Bernardo. Also we had a lot of doors slammed in our face this last week but it helped me to learn patience and to learn how to accept the Lords will. The week was a little hard in the beginning because of that but that it started to get a lot better because in the end of the week we really found some miracles. Also on Sunday not as many people as we would like went to church but then out of nowhere one lady went to Church. One lady that we never taught but had the desire to know how our church worked, etc.. We than taught her on Sunday and it was such a great experience. It was a lesson that I will never forget. She said after we got done teaching that she knows that this is the true church. I was so grateful that the Lord gave us his spirit during that lesson and that he helped us to teach according to his will and not our will. A few things that we taught and the way we taught I had never done before but that is what the Lord wanted us to do and it all worked out for the best. The Lord is amazing and really will help us be affective servants in his hands if we let ourselves do so. I love this work so much and I know that God loves us so much. We are his children and he cares about us. I know that this is the true church. What a great blessing it is for the people to come to know these truths for themselves. We do have a prophet of God. I love you all so much. Thank you so much for everything that you are all doing for me. Sorry that this e-mail had to be so short. Just know that I love you a lot, and that all is well. We are hoping to be able to have a baptism this weekend. I hope that all goes well. She is a great lady that really needs this gospel. I love you.
Elder Daniel J. Parkinson
P.s. I played soccer today and it was great. I love playing soccer with Brazilians. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment