Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Love/Prayer

Well I am sad to say that I have even less time than normal today and will have a little less time until the end of my mission. Today I have a lot less time because I had a meeting today that just got over about like 40 minutes ago or so and so I had to run to an Internet place to be able to write you an e-mail. Even though this e-mail will be short I want you to know that I love you and I love the family and pray about you and the family always. I have been thinking a lot lately about prayer. I decided that prayer (real sincere prayer) is the key to having the spirit and Christ´s love with me even more. I have really been trying to pray even more lately. I have made a goal to pray for at least 10 minutes every single night. It has really been hard because it seems that at night I am very very tired, but I have realized that in so doing I have really been able to feel the spirit even better in my prayers. I have been really trying to talk with my father in heaven and not just talk at him. It has been great!!!!
The mission has really been talking a lot about love lately. We have noticed that the only real way for the spirit to be with us is if we really love our investigators. If we love them (our investigators) they will really feel our love and the love of the Savior. It is so true. I have been working really hard lately in trying to listen to the investigator more than just talking. It helps so much. Most of the time the investigators tells you exactly what they are needing or what you need to say and they do not even realize it. I think by really listening to them I have been able to really feel a greater love for those that I am teaching. Love really is the key to success!!!! (Success in this life and in the mission). We all need to love God, Christ, and others. If we really love God we will do what he asks and if we do what he asks we will have his Spirit. What a simple but difficult theory.
Well I would just like to end letting you know that I love my mission and I love this Gospel. I want you all to know that I am doing great. I get more tired every single day but the Lord helps me to keep going. I know without any doubts that this is the true church here on the Earth. I am so grateful to all of you that have helped me be the person that I am now. I love you all so much. I KNOW THAT THIS IS THE TRUE CHURCH AND THAT GOD LOVES US ALL!!!! THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE AND THE LITTLE THINGS REALLY DO BRING HAPPINESS ON THIS EARTH AND SALVATION. WE ALL NEED TO DO THE LITTLE THINGS. I would just like to finish with a quote that I made. I really believe a lot in this phrase.
"Everything that happens in your life could be for your spiritual growth or destruction... YOU MAKE THE CHOICE!!!!! "
It is really so true. So many things happen during our life and we have to choose whether it will be for our spiritual growth or for our eternal destruction. I know that if we could all forgive a little more, love a little more, and really do the things that God would have us do we will all have success and one day we will be able to live with God again as a family. I love you all so very much. Thank you for everything that you are doing for me. Mother I really love you and thank you again for your great example. Until next week and sorry that this letter is kinda different and short.
Elder Daniel J. Parkinson
P.s. God really does work miracles but in his time and in his way!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment