Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Focusing on Mission

Points I would like to make this week about my Mission:
1. We were blessed with one more baptism this last week. That is just great. I do not have any idea why the Lord has been deciding to bless my companion and I. We are really trying our hardest to do our best and because of that sometimes we find ourselves stressed out but the stress all pays off in the end. We are really trying our hardest to have one more baptism this week as well. I really hope that this lady accepts to be baptized. She is really great and really needs to show her faith in God.
2. I am really starting to get more tired every single day. ha. I think that that just comes with time on the mission. I am actually starting to feel a little bit older and it is hard not to remember how much time I have on the mission with everyone constantly reminding me, but I have been able to stay pretty focused on the work. I still am nervous for the events that will come here in a few weeks. I try not to really think about it.
3. I was able to have an interview with the President to be able to renew my recommend. It was great. He is really such a great guy. Ha. I will be having one more interview with him this coming Friday as part of a normal interview schedule. Lots of interviews with the President! That is OK though I really do not mind.
4. We went to the temple today. I will just have to say that I had a great experience at the temple. I know that God´s presence really presides inside the temple. Today was one of the first times in the temple that I felt his presence so strong in my life. I will not really say everything that happened because it is kind of personal but it was great. I know that God loves me and is proud of me. I know that God will guide my path. The experience had a lot to do with what I was talking about earlier. While at the temple I really wanted to know what was expected of me after the mission and what I should be doing. I was told a few things that I should be doing but at the same time I really felt strongly... just focus on the work and have faith and after the mission I will guide thee. That is really how I felt the whole time. I wanted to know what to do exactly but every single time that I pushed harder to know exactly what to do I received the little advice and than just received over and over again just have faith and everything will work out after you finish the mission. I know that If I trust in God than I will be fine and so that is what I intend to do. I really will need his help after the mission because I have so many questions but I know that he will let me know what to do. As of right now I feel as though he told me to not try to play any college sports and to attend BYU-I for a little. To do what there or when I do not know but that will all come in the right time. For now I will finish my work here in Brazil and trust that the Lord will do the rest when I get home. I know that he will!! For he is my Father!
Well I got to get going. Just know that I love you all so very much. I know that this is the true church. I know that God loves me and I know that Christ suffered for everything that I have done and will do. I know that we all have great potential because we are sons and daughters of God. I love you all and until next week.
Elder Daniel J. Parkinson
P.s. I would just like to know who will all be at the airport. Also what did you think about the temple idea that I gave you last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment