Wednesday, March 9, 2011

God's Miracle this week

A Minha Querida Mãe!!
Well this letter will have to be short. I really feel as though every single week that passes gets shorter and shorter. I feel as though I do not have time to do anything. It is really just nuts. I am glad to hear that Grandma is getting taken care of. I really hope that she is doing great. I am very excited to see her here in a few weeks. I really do not like to think about home but I would just like to know who will all be there when I get home? So I will just give my homecoming talk the first week of May? I will have to advise Elder Guthrie who already went home. He is planning on visiting me and being at my homecoming the 19 - 24. I think that you should talk with Bishop Gregory if he would let me I would love to give a talk there as well. It would really be great. I really like giving talks remember?
I really do not have an opinion. If you would like to make the move before I get back because that is
I am excited to hear that Grandma is not drinking coffee. Now we just have to get her to not ever drink coffee again. How long has it been since she has not drunken coffee? I promise her blessings if she stops drinking coffee. Actually God promises her blessings if she stops. Not just blessings of health but blessings of an Eternal Family!!!
Well I got to get going. Just know that I know that God loves us so much and will always guide us if we let him. I love this gospel so much and I know that Christ is at the head of the Church. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I love the scriptures. I am reading right now the New Testament and it has really been enlightening my mind so much. It is so great!!! I really love it. I also read Joseph Smith history one more time and it was so great. I love to hear about the Prophets because it testifies to me even more that God loves us. God really does hear our prayers.
Well I got to get going but I would like to let you know that God worked a great miracle this last week. Before I tell you about the miracle I would like to say that I will be staying in my area with my same companion. I will end my mission as a zone leader. I am pretty excited but also tired. haha. But the work must go on!!! I still have lots of time to do great things and for this I am excited. Just 6 more weeks of missionary work in the field and I really have to make the best of it, and I will!!!
The miracle really quick was like this. We were preparing a man named João Batista to be baptized this last Sunday. He was doing really good and was solid for baptism and then on Saturday morning when we passed by he said that he did not want to be baptized anymore. He said he would like to wait for like a few months. I felt that if was not baptized this last week he would never be baptized. We talked to him forever and nothing than a member talked to him for ever and nothing. We prayed that whole night for a miracle. We woke up and got ready for church and brought all of our stuff for a baptism. haha. We knew that God would make a miracle happen and so we were prepared for the baptism. We got to church and João batista did not have his extra clothes for the baptism a member went up and talked to him and he said I will be baptized and went home and grabbed his clothes and was baptized that day. It was such a miracle. I know that God made that Miracle happen. It was nothing that we did and that is the best part!!! I know that God is a God of Miracles. I am grateful for that. I love you all and I have to go. Until next week. Elder Daniel J. Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment