I cannot believe that I am almost at my one year mark. It really came so fast. All of my clothes are still with me but I don’t know how strong. I have not even used all my white shirts yet. I am holding off on two of them. I will pull one of them out when I get one year in the mission and the other when I get a year and a half.
I made a quote the other day that i really like. It is like this : The world and life are difficult but the Gospel of Jesus Christ is easy. For me this quote means that when we live in the world it is difficult but when we live with Christ in our life or in the Gospel it is easy. Christ made that promise for us. Go unto to him so your burden can be made light.
NEVER GIVE UP ON CHRIST AND NEVER LOSE YOUR FAITH!. I know that everyone has their challenges. If we think our life is hard think of the Savior. If he suffered so much then why are we any different? The great thing is that because he suffered we have someone by our side to comfort us. He will always be there to put His arms around us. We are promised to have eternal joy. To suffer just for a little to gain eternal joy is all I need to do. then that is what I will do. I love this gospel so much. Without trials we cannot grow. Without trials we cannot make it back to our father in heaven.
Tell everyone that I love them. I will be learning the piano again when I get home I think. I hope to have the opportunity.
I know this is weird but I love my challenges for in them is where I find strength. I love this gospel so very much. I love my investigators. It is the greatest thing to see people change for the better. I know this is the true church. I know that I have the chance to have an eternal family and live with you mom and my brothers and sisters again. For this I am so grateful. I know this life is hard but it is possible. At times you have to struggle to feel the complete joy of the victory. No one likes a 60 to 0 game. Everyone wants to have a 90 to 89 game with a 3 point shot at the buzzer. I want to be tested so that I can prove to God that I love him and want to live with him and that I deserve to live with him. I love my mission so much. It is weird that I already have one year almost.
Well the work is going good. It is a lot different and my comp is different but that is ok. We are having a good time together. We are working a lot with newly baptized members. We have a huge hill of about 800 people. We baptized one and now we are teaching about 30 of her friends and it just keeps growing. We are always receiving references and finding a lot of people by knocking on doors. All around we are finding people to teach in every way possible. Now we just have to use the spirit to convert them.
Elder Parkinson
Happy Easter 2012!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment