Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Conference was Amazing

Wow!!!! All I know is that Conference was amazing. I love hearing the words of God through his servants. He really spoke through his servants directly to me as I am sure he did with you. I am not great. For as to my own strength I am nothing, but with the Help of God I can do all things and overcome all things. I really hope that you enjoyed reading and pondering the scriptures I can only imagine the comfort you felt. I however could not read during the middle because I was trying to teach and find new people. I am however learning to really engulf the scriptures. They are such a blessing in my life. God really knows us and will always do things to help us. I to was able to learn all the same things that you learned and more. Some things that I am grateful for and that I learned:
1. I have an amazing mother. They talked a lot about the strength of a great mother. I realized that I have that. That is all I need in my life is to follow your great strength and example. You are amazing mother. I look to the moments when we can sit down and talk about the doctrine of Christ and the Book of Mormon.
2. Our family is special. We really have to protect our family and start with our children young. This gave me much hope in helping my children later.
3. The attributes of Christ. I really heard a lot of things that Christ had that I need to put into my life.
4. Trials are for us. So we can support and deal with the bigger things to come. He gives us trials to protect us from bigger things that could have happened. (He used it with the example of the immunizations)
5. God is so merciful and loving. The atonement of Christ is good for all mankind no matter what they already have done or what they will do.
6. God loves us and wants the best for us and for his other children
7. I also have learned how to make better judgments and to do the right things always.

Some new things that happened this week.

1. Tashi found someone else and will maybe marry him. That was really hard to hear. But you know what I guess she wasn’t the one to help me to live with him again. It is hard to believe but I have and am putting my faith in the Lord.
2. I found a Sister missionary in the CTM that is writing to me now for a while. She is serving in Florianopolis. She is amazing.
3. I love the Gospel even more every single Day. My comp teaches me so much and how to be better.
4. I am learning how to play the guitar on my p-days.
5. I almost have a year and next Tuesday will be transfers again.
6. I love the Gospel and know it is true.
7. Satan is working hard so that means I have to work harder.
8. The work is going great
9. The weather today is flooding everywhere. It is raining so much.
10. I LOVE YOU

Need to watch the movie The Prophet of the Restoration, if you haven’t already seen it. It is amazing. Let me know what you think after you watch it. It is a movie about one hour and 20 minutes long.


A real quick story that the sister that I am writing said to me to help me through this. She is great her name is Sister Lasley. I don’t remember exactly how it goes nor do I have the letter with me here so I will summarize.

Sunday will Come
As we all know, Christ died on a Friday. When He died there was so much
sadness and despair. Everyone didn’t know what was going on or why it had to happen.
In everyone’s life we will pass those Fridays. Those days or those times
when we just don’t know why it had to happen and we sink to sadness and despair.
We will be in a bit of darkness trying to find our way out. The great thing is that Sunday Comes! Christ was resurrected on a Sunday. It was a day of Great joy and happiness.
A day, that when we will realize what is going on and just feel great. A day and time, of never ending happiness. I promise that Sunday will come. We might pass through a Friday but Sunday will come.

I loved that story. I really screwed it up but sorry I tried to remember. Just remember that Sunday will come. Put your faith always in Christ for he is the way and the Light of the World. I love this gospel. I know that Christ lives and loves us.

Elder Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment