Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Baptism

Mother,

Well sounds like you are doing pretty good. I do however think it is kind of weird that you are the only one that can cut Grandma´s toenails. haha. You can tell her that when i get back I can cut them for her. ha. I really hope that Grandma is doing good. I really miss her and love her so much. I am very excited to get back and sit down and her side while we watch a game together. ha. That was always fun. It has been a while since I have received a letter from good old Grams. I look forward to the next one that she is able to send me. By the way you are talking you make me kinda of nervous to see what you are talking about. I am anxious to see what it is. Just know that God is always on your side and will always help you in everything. Mother I know it is hard with Dad and with him not talking to your etc.. but just trust in God in all things and like it say is 2 nephi 32 8-9 i believe. We need to always pray unto God before we do anything. Pray unto God before you talk with Dad so that you can have the spirit with you and so that you can talk together calmly. I agree that being rich is not the key to eternal happiness. The only key to eternal happiness are the spiritual things that we do. The material things will some day come to an end. The only thing that I need is a bike and a bed. haha. Sure what I think about is having a car when I get back but if it does not work out that is fine. I just want a bike at the least. ha. Thank you for everything you do for me. I love you so much.

Well I would like to have other white shirts and ties and garments, but you don't really have to worry about it. If you cant right now that is fine. I really don't know if i need more white shirts right now. I still have one in the suitcase that I have not used yet. I am holding it off until i hit one year and 6 months. I think the garments are more needed than the white shirts. I have holes in a lot of my garments. Remember it is 34 waist and i think medium tall or small tall. I don't remember but i think medium tall.

So did you have the chance to look into my box yet? Well i think i should tell you something. Here in a little bit I will be taking out about 120 dollars out of my account. We found an amazing couple with a brand new baby. We took them to mark there wedding. Apparently to mark a wedding here in Brazil it is 140 dollars. So they could only pay about 20 dollars and I said I would pay the rest. You don't need to put more money in if you cant. I will be fine. They needed help. I really want them to be married so they can obey the commandments of God and be married after the wedding. They are amazing. They have changed so much. I just thought i would let you know so you don't get confused at where the money went. Like i said don't worry about having to put more money in there. I will make it through without. You need to take care of yourself. The Lord will take care of me.

Good to hear that Kortnee is doing good. I am really excited to get back and go the Baptism of Rachel. That will be great. I would be honored to go there and watch or talk or sing for her Baptism.

I am glad to hear that you are taking care of your body and your spirit. I am happy you are able to walk every single day and even more happy that you are reading the Book of Mormon. It really is a source of Power and Strength. I love that Book so much. I know that true power comes from self control and doing the little things every single day and week. That is where we really gain true power. I love this gospel so much. We have been blessed lately. God has really been blessing our work. We are just trying to do all the little things and work hard every single day and week. I have been really tired lately but I only have 9 months left. Plus I will have 12 hours on the flight ride home to relax after the mission. As for now the work must go on swiftly and nobly. And because of that I will work my hardest every single day. The lord blessed us with a baptism this last week. Also will bless us with another baptism this coming week. I am so very happy. The last week was baptized a young man and this week one more young man. They are future missionaries and will do great things if they stay close to God. I love my work so much. It is the best Job that I have ever had. Plus my boss(Christ) is pretty good. Actually my boss is perfect. How many times can you say that about your bosses.

This coming week is another transfer. I really hope to stay here for at least one more transfer. I would be pretty sad to leave so soon again. But I will go where the Lord wants me to go. Well I cant talk much longer. I got to go. I love you so much Mother and Family. I really want to live with you all for all eternity. I really hope that you all are doing the little things every single day. I am trying my hardest to become better every day so that I can live with you all for eternity. It is not easy but I am trying to let God mold me into what he wants from me. I realized that I am far from perfect but that through him I can become better. I love you all so much. I really do. I know that this is the true church. I love Brazil and the people. I was called by God to be here and that comforts me. Sometimes when i don't think I can do it i think well God called me and so I can. We will all pass difficulties in life but what makes the difference is our attitude and our actions during the difficulties. Be happy and be animated always. Know that God loves you and cares for you and will be on your side if you let him. Let us be one here on earth and one for all eternity. I love you all so much. Again I repeat I know that God loves us and this is the true church!!!! Until next time.

Elder Daniel James Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment