Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Baptism/Transfer

Mother you really are a blessing to me and a hero of mine. I love you so much. I love you all family. I have been thinking lately about the mission. I really love the mission so much. I think it will be hard for me to go home because Brazil is now my home. I love it here and I love the people and the Language. The Lord is amazing. He blesses us so much if we just do what he asks us to do. Me and my companion have been blessed so much this last transfer. This last Sunday we had one more baptism. It was the best transfer(as far as baptisms go) that I have had on the mission yet. The baptism we had this last Sunday was great. I sang a special musical number for the person and I hope that he enjoyed it. The meeting was really spiritual. We are planning on having one more baptism this coming week. This baptism would really be a blessing. We have not had that much time to teach this person but she just seems to be progressing so much every single day. The Lord really does work miracles. One more miracle is that finally I stayed in an area. I will be here one more Transfer and even with the same companion. My companion keeps joking around that he is training me to be the next assistant to the President. I sure hope he is joking at least. I would accept the calling but it would be pretty hard. I really do not think I have to worry about it that much. Well all and all the mission is going great. I love the Lord so much and I love doing His work. I hope that you are all doing well.
I to know that our family can be together forever. It just means that all of us have to do the little things. Because salvation is completed and gained individually but if we all do our part we can be together forever. What a blessing that is. For this reason all of us have to stick together to help lift the other one up. In 4 Nephi it says that they were obeying all the commandments and praying always. After it says that it says that they were the happiest people out of all of Gods creations. So that is the key. If we all do our part and help others as well we will be happy. We will have true happiness with us, a happiness that does not end with this life.
I am truly excited to drive a car again. YOU better plan on letting me drive from the airport. Is the new car automatic or manual? One day I really want a manual car but we will just have to see what happens. haha. Why didn't you get a truck mom? Just joking. For some reason I really do not think you are the truck type.
Thank you mother for letting me use that money to pay for the wedding. I really hope and pray that they will go through with this marriage and then finish it off in the waters of Baptism. They are such a great family. I really like them a lot. On Sunday the wife couldn't go to church because she was sick but even with a sick wife the husband went to church. It is great to see their dedication in obeying the things that God would have them do. The field really is white. I feel so grateful for the confidence that the Lord has in me to work in his field and to bring his children unto him. I love this gospel and I learn more every single day. I really had a few days of amazing study these last few days. I really love the Book Of Mormon. I have a lot to learn but I am glad that God is patient and willing to mold me into someone better. Love you mom and love you all. Until next time.
Elder Daniel J Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment