Well I am so sorry but this letter will have to be short as well. I am really trying to run around so much. It seems like every single week I am getting more and busier. This week I have decided with my companion to do something that will help the zone. This thing that we are doing will unfortunately take up a little bit of the time that I have every single week but I think that it will be worth it in helping the zone and the kingdom of the Lord here on the earth.
I am sad to hear that everyone is getting sick and I hope that everyone starts to feel a little better. Well.... I had one more nail fall off on the mission. haha. That is 2 almost 3. It is really normal and they grow back just fine so don´t you worry.
Today I was able to play some soccer again and some basketball. It was really great. I was able to do a few cool things and impress the Brazilians. The young men in my ward think that I am pretty good at soccer they always tell everyone about it. Now it is pretty well known in the ward. ha. Now I am the American that plays soccer. ha.
This last week has been really great. We were so much more blessed than what we deserved. The Lord is so great. We were blessed with three baptisms. A couple and young man. Now that the young man has been baptized his younger brother also wants to be baptized. That is great!!!!! This coming week we are planning on baptizing 3 more people. The Lord is so great. We have so many great investigators and it is nothing that we are doing it is truly the Lord doing all the work and we are just trying to help out a little bit in the work that He is doing. Also I had a record this last week of investigators at church. We were able to have 17 investigators and 30 people that are not members of the church. It was great!!!!! I really do not know how that happened.
We are teaching an old man named Ideval. He is truly great and we were able to teach him about coffee the other day. We told him all about it and why we should not drink coffee and then at the end he said well if God does not want me to than I will stop!! He has been doing really well so far in not drinking coffee. I am so happy for him. As for Grandma... Grandma I do not want you to stop drinking coffee because I think you will have more happiness on this earth because I think you are already really happy. My desire is that you could stop drinking coffee to be able to have eternal happiness with your family. I firmly believe that God loves you Grandma and so do I. I want and so does God that you can have eternal happiness and not just a few more years of happiness. I know that it will not be easy but I know that it is possible. I do not really want you to do this because of me but because of the whole family and because of God. I challenge you to pray and ask God if you should stop and really listen and follow his answer. I know he wants you to stop drinking coffee. I know that if you do you will be able to have eternal happiness with the whole family and that is my desire. It has been hard enough to not be with you for 2 years I would not be able to imagine eternity without you by my side. Please Grandma stop drinking coffee! This is my invite for you. As a representative of Jesus Christ I ask you to stop drinking coffee because I love you!!!!!! You did lose the bet but I do not want you to stop drinking just because of that. I want to be with you for all eternity. I know that God would like you to stop as well. I will not stop preaching to you Grandma I mean you are a few years older than me so I hope that you do not get mad at me just know that I ask you these things because of my love towards you. Just ask God and let him tell you what he thinks.
That last message goes to everyone. If it were up to me I would love to live without a few things so that I could have eternal happiness and life. The only way to do this however is in keeping the commandments. I love you all so much. Sorry that this is short. Also Goooooo Green Bay!!!!! I love you all.
Elder Daniel J. Parkinson
Happy Easter 2012!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment