Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Goals for this month

Hi!!!!
Well this will be one more short e-mail. I would just like to fill you in on a few things that are happening.
1. This past week we had one more baptism of a girl named Maraiza. She is great and was really prepared by the Lord. In just one week she prepared herself to be baptized. It was such a great baptism. I never have seen someone so happy in my life. After her baptism she just could not stop smiling. It was great. Also because of her example we are now teaching her sister-in-law and brother and mother. What a great blessing of the Lord. We are planning on helping her brother and sister-in-law get married. It will be great. Maraiza really was a miracle.
2. This week we are going to try to baptize 5 more people. I really hope that we will be able to do so. We are really trying our hardest and still falling short but the Lord is so great and does the rest for us. I love this work so much. The Lord really does bless us so much when we do what he would have us do. All 5 of these people are miracles. God is so great. I think every single day that passes by I realize even more how much I really need him in my life and how useless I am without him.
3. The mission is so great. I really do not know what to think about it right now. I really do not want to leave but I know that that day will come when i will have to continue on with my life and go home. I am not excited for that day but at the same time I am excited for that day. I only have 2 months left on the mission. Here in 2 weeks we will find out whether I will finish my mission as a zone leader or weather I will train for my last transfer. I really want to stay here but we will let the Lord decide what is best.
4. I have been reading the book of Mormon in Spanish lately. It has been great. I can actually understand almost everything. I just cannot speak Spanish but understand and read it I can.
5. I have really decided that God really does love his sons. When we establish a goal and work our hardest to achieve that goal and really try our hardest and put our faith in God he helps us to reach our goals. My companion and I established a goal of 10 baptisms this month and we are trying our hardest to reach it. We need a few more and know that with God it is possible. I really know that God will help us if it is his will. The greatest thing is that we look at the success that we are having and we realize that it really is not us but it is the blessings of God.

I love my mission so much. I love you all as well. I hope you are all doing well. I love you. Tell grandma that I love her as well. Also tell her to stay strong. That is all for this week. Until next week. I love you all.
Elder Daniel J. Parkinson

P.s. Also please tell everyone to start to write there e-mails on Sunday because here pretty soon I think in 3 or 4 weeks we are going to start to have our p-days on Monday instead of Tuesday. OK? Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment